Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

My First Nappy made from my own design


Although I have drafted a few 'work in progress' patterns (3 to be precise)  this is the very first nappy (AI2) that I sewed just to see how it all looks. I hate it but I wanted to see how it looks to know what to change on the pattern for the 4th draft. I am trying to make a nappy that does not dig into the thighs of my son and I want more absorbancy up the front as he is a side/front sleeper. I actually was not going to post it but thought why not? Do not look at the stitching either as it was really about what to change. I am drafting a OSFM nappy and I need to add snaps on the next draft and also work on that booster (that booster is really my first draft and I was going to worry about the boosting at the very end). The booster will fold out for ease of drying too.




I am also thinking about making the snaps at the front somehow for the booster as then when it comes to rinsing and if there are any solids then you do not have to touch it, which you sometimes have to with snaps at the back. I need to work on the extra material bit on the thigh area. I have alot of OSFM that digs into my sons legs so wish for some material to be there but not that much.

The bottom part is great: (specifically the crotch).


Here is the front (I wanted the stomach area to curve). Do not look at the legs - that area needs work.

No comments:

Post a Comment