Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lets talk nappies

Soon I will be selling from the Artistry pattern (specifically the mini diaper and diaper cover) and I cannot wait. Right now I am practising practising practising. I worked with FOE (fold over elastic) for the first time tonight. I am actually really really happy with how the cover turned out. I cannot wait to start making more and start sharing my love of cloth to more and more people. I am at the stage of feeling confident of showing off my nappies and would like a place to document them so from now on I will be showing off my nappies here and then I can look back and think wow was it that long ago.... lol

Currently I am in the process of creating my own OSFM pattern which will be a AI2. I have had a few issues. I am trying to make a OSFM nappy where it does not cut into my little mans legs. He has chunky thighs and some OSFM nappies dig into him :(
He is also a stomach/side sleeper and I want a nappy which has a booster that covers more the front too (I have come across many that barely cover the bits. I will post my original patterns soon - you should see them, I have come along way since I started. I still have a long way to go and need to have many friends testing them but I am pretty happy so far.

Eventually I would like to make a 'nappy shorts' it appears to be clothing on the outside but it really is a nappy. I also want to focus on boys as I feel there is nothing out there for them and there are many pretty girly things.

Anyway, I cannot wait to receive all my fabric/material from the states....I am getting restless.

No comments:

Post a Comment