Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

I have been neglecting my blog!!

I have a few entries tonight as I have not been on here for a long time. Today I woke up at 6am (when my husband got up for work) and I couldnt sleep. I had an urge....

A very strong urge to sew a cloth nappy on my overlocker. I did not want to make a fitted I wanted to make and All in 2. Basically a nappy that can seperate in two parts for ease of drying. Well here it is. Also I did not do the embroidery, the minky nappy cut came from Miss E. Thank you very much hun....mwah xxx

 

The other day I was thinking I wish I could overlock a AI2 (All in 2 nappy) and went on a hunt for tutes on the internet and the only way you can do the elastic is a sewing it blind. I could not find any other way. I had a nappy pattern here called the Little Comets Tail. At 6am I was in no mood to trace the actual nappy template from the pattern so I used the large cover template from the Artistry creates pattern as I use this often. It was very similar to the side snap of the Little Comets Tail so I then traced the snaps and elastic etc onto the minky etc (you may see the washable blue pen in the pictures). I then just followed the Little Comets Tail instructions to overlock my nappy. I did not use the pattern for the trifold. I just made a trifold as I have had made a few already to replinish my stash. It took about 4 hours. My first ever nappy from start to finish took about 8 hours and it was only a pocket without the insert. So pretty happy with the amount of time it took me. Usually I do a production line up, I cut a heap of nappy cuts, then cut the nappies, then sew then etc so I usuallyy make several at the same time which is quicker but I was on a mission to make a completed nappy today. Please note this is only for personal use only. I will not sell this if you are wondering why I changed the patterns willy nilly. It was more about making a nappy by overlocking.

Also, I need to practice my overlocking as it was a bit funny in places. I am having lessons soon :)

The inner is black microfleece I forgot to take a pic :) 

1 comment: