Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Some Dipes (Naps) from the ArtistryCreates Pattern for TESTING


I spent the last few days cutting and sewing Dipes (Naps) from the ArtistryCreates Pattern. I have made them with different materials and the amount of material and have noted it down as the below will be given away to test the absorbancy versus the drying time factor, as well as my sewing skills and anything else that the testers wish to say. Once I know then I will make my Dipes (Naps) all the same. Of course I can always change the absorbancy if customers request a certain amount. I am getting excited about this.

Unfortunately my camera takes bad photos at night and it rather the natural light for some reason so might upload better photos tomorrow. Also the pattern for the doubler (the extra night-time/nap booster) says to zigzag stitch around the edge and to cut closely to the edge. I have seen some breastpads like this but I have emailed the lady who owns the pattern to ask if I can turn and topstitch instead until I get my overlocker. I have hinted many times to my husband to give me one for Mothers day so fingers cross. The dyed doubler has the zigzag stitch and the other two I have turned and topstitch.

The dyed 'Dipes' are made entirely out of bamboo. The others are a combination of bamboo and flannel or bamboo, sherpa and flannel.

No comments:

Post a Comment